Friday, December 30, 2011

The gifts of Christmas

Standing, sitting, working together into the wee hours of the morning, my partner and I completed:

eight watercolor quilted placemats
seven matching bucket hats
four flannel pj pants
four Christmas stockings
four quilted placemats
three cotton Hawaiian shirts
one bow tie
one corduroy shirt
a lap quilt
and a three foot bolster for my bed

Understand also that there were no buttonholes on any of the shirts on Christmas morning, that the quilt was wrapped without binding and the cover for the bolster (a surprise!!!) was missing it's closure. Be assured that before the New Year the buttonholes will be in place and the bolster will be snuggled up against my pillows. The quilt was completed and has travelled into Boston to live happily on the futon.

New Years Resolution? Organize my sewing room and keep it organized and, try not to fall down any stairs.....and be patient.

No comments: